Message from the Principal
Our school opened its doors for students at 9:00 am on the 9th September 2009 (09/09/2009), a lucky number in many cultures.
We provide an outstanding learning environment for the residents of the Sunshine and Braybrook local areas. We serve a diverse and ever changing community with a high proportion of our students coming from non-English speaking backgrounds.
We believe every student can learn. We implement Classroom Instruction That Works strategies. We are a PBS (Positive Behaviour Support) School, awarded with a Bronze Medal for our implementation so far.
Our open plan flexible learning spaces provide an opportunity for your child to learn in a dedicated and caring environment. All of our teachers work together in teams to ensure that each child is equipped with the skills to reach their optimum in the future.
Sunshine Harvester Primary School has some enviable facilities including:
- A range of modern, air-conditioned, open plan learning spaces
- Junior and Senior undercover adventure playgrounds
- Purpose built outdoor foundation playground for ages 5 to 6 years old
- Undercover basketball, volleyball and bat tennis courts
- 1-1 Chromebooks (laptops) grade 1-6
- Dedicated Computer Lab, Art Room and Library
- Sensory Room or Think Tank for children with special needs
- Large Multi-Purpose Room with portable stage
- Passive play area
- After School Care program
I welcome you to explore our site and if you are interested, visit Sunshine Harvester Primary School. I think you will be pleasantly surprised by what we have to offer.